Monday, June 27, 2016

Dragonbane by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Maxis was content living in Sanctuary, helping the hunters when needed.   But when his mate arrives with startling news his world turns into chaos. Demons are trying to destroy the world and one element they need is the Dragonbane which happens to be Max.  Max and Sera need to learn to trust one another in order to save their children and the world. 

I have always been a huge fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon and loved every book of hers that I have read.  Unfortunately, I was a little more than disappointed with this one.  There was so much potential with the dragon, and Max being a cause to the We're - Hunter war.  I expected something more than a focus on Max and Sera learning to trust again.  Granted that was important to the story, but it seemed like the depth of the storyline took a backseat.   There were elements from the previous books that seemed to be missing in this one such as the high influence of a pantheon.  I was hoping to see more from either the Morrgan that we seen in Son of No Man or Avalon which was slightly touched on.  It seemed there was a bunch of things being touched on but nothing was followed through with.

I missed seeing the Dark Hunters and Were Hunters teaming up, granted it was stated that they were getting ready to team up and some went to Olympus to help fight, but then Maxis and Sera left the group.  I know a dragon tends to be a solitary creature, especially Max, but that took away from the overall feeling of the series.  I have to say I was saddened by this book and am starting to wonder if Sherrilynn might be losing her touch?  

I hate to say this, but I give this novel....a 3 out of 5.  While the story was good and interesting, there seemed to be lacking a certain Kenyon quality and seemed to start on a bunch of different ideas, but never went with them.  I went into this book with high expectations, and was let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...