Friday, June 10, 2016

She Heard

I have gone through a variety of Bible Studies that focus on the women of the Bible.  There are many that strive to help women become the strong woman God intends us to become.  Throughout the Bible there are many women who represent this strength and what it means to be a Godly woman, She Heard is a Bible Study that takes a look at these women and helps relate their lives in Biblical times to our lives in present day.  She Heard discusses how these women heard and allowed God's will for their lives to be present and became what God had intended.  I cannot begin to say how much I love this devotional.

It is perfect for a group or individual study, and presents questions and situations that really make readers think about their lives and whether or not they are allowing themselves to hear God's voice in their lives.  It makes women dig deeper into their lives and see who God wants them to be.  I loved the stories of the various Biblical women such as Abigail and Ester, and how God used them for His glory (I don't have it at my side as I haven't unpacked it yet to give specifics).

It is very evident that the women who wrote the book are strong women and understood the material they were writing about.  I would highly recommend this study for individuals as well as a group study.  I give this a 5 out of 5 rating, and plan on going through the study again next year to see how my answers to some of the questions have changed.  I hope to see more from Deliberate Women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...