Monday, June 6, 2016

RedDress Two Wives by RA Winter


RedDress Two Wives By RA Winter is the third book in her Kiowa in love series.  One of the great things about the series is you don't need to read the books in order, but I would recommend doing so because things are referenced in each books that relate to the previous ones.

RedDress follows Sarah who is RedHorse's sister (we meet Redhorse and other characters in previous novels), she travels with Painted Girl to New York to help work on a project.  While there she begins a sorid affair with John, a man she had been flirting with for months over the phone.  She quickly discovers this is not just a fling, but she has some strong feelings towards him, maybe even love.  Once the girls return home, all kinds of mischief breaks out and humorous situations ensue.  Everyone has a plan for each other and most of those plans collide.  Grandfather learns a quick lesson about trying to manipulate his grandchildren, and the girls learn a lesson in life and love.

RA Winter does it again with this book, she really knocks it out of the park.  I had fallen in love with her writing with Little Sparrow, and I continue to love her books.  One of my favorite things is while this is a romance novel, the focus is on the relationship building rather than the sexual aspect.  She shows how each couple builds their relationship and fall in love with one another.  All the while there is humor and comedic situations, the moments with Dingle are amazingly funny.  One gets the feeling that he may be a spirit animal of sorts. 

I enjoyed how she relates this novel with the other novels showing the unity of the tribe and growing the interest in other characters.  I want a book about Grandfather, Redhorse and a few other characters.  The only thing that I missed in this book were the Kiowa traditional elements.  It felt like those elements set the series apart from other novels, it was something unique to RA's writing.  Granted I still love her writing and her books, I crave more.  RA Winter has a writing style all her own and draws her readers into her story.  Her characters are easy to relate to and feel for, everyone can relate to loving someone and overcoming hardships to achieve your relationship dreams.  RedDress Two Wives has so many things that will entertain readers and keep them wanting more.

RA has become an author that I admire and respect.  I look forward to reading each of her books and hope she continues to write more.  I give this novel a 4 out of 5 because I really missed the Kiowa elements that make the series special.

For more of my review please read my review on Online Book Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...