Friday, July 15, 2016

Wicked Thing by Kim Cormack

I have said previously that Kim Cormack is quickly becoming one of my new favorite authors, and that statement remains true with her new book due to release July 17th.  Since the beginning of the series, Cormack has captivated her audiences with tales about the Children of Ankh, a sort of immortal warrior if you will.  First we learned the story of Kayn and her abilities and trials she needed to overcome to be the woman she is.  Now we are learning the story of Lexy, the powerful dragon of the series and everything she overcame to become the fierce woman she is.  In the portion about Kayn, I fell in love with Lexy and wanted more about her and Grey, and my wish has been granted!

In Wild Thing, we get a background on Lexy.  We witness the horrors she had to experience and overcome that made her into the dragon, the events that made her shut off all her emotions.  Wicked Thing we see her struggling with her feelings for Grey and the reality that they can never be together.  She must figure out what she needs to do in order to overcome her feelings for her handler even if it means addressing a moment that occurred between her and Tiberius.  Lexy begins to search within herself to discover the woman behind the dragon.

I cannot begin or rather continue to say how amazing of a writer Kim is.  She draws her readers into the story with the very first word, or sentence.  She creates this world that her readers long to be a part of, I know I do.  It is hard not to want to be a part of the clan and learn more about them or even the other clans (possible addition to series hmmm?)  She makes the world she created almost tangible for her readers in a way no other author has done (at least not for me).  I cannot begin to say how many times I lost sleep because I could not put the book down even if it was 3 o'clock in the morning.

Kim has a way with writing that almost makes you wonder at your own sanity.  There are so many moments when you laugh and then wonder if you should be laughing at that.  "Seriously are we drawing happy faces with people's blood now? You really need to find a new hobby, I mean something other than murder."  How can you not laugh at that quote?? It is one of my favorites and just a small snippet of what makes this series so amazing.  I believe I am starting to run out of ways to say how great Kim Cormack's writing is.  I could see this series becoming the next big movie franchise, how can we make that a reality?

Release date is July 17th, pre-order now! If not pre-order, then buy it when it comes out.  You will not regret the decision.

2 comments:

  1. Awe, thank you, hun. I'll try to keep it up. Lol I have some surprises out this year ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly with this entire review ����

    ReplyDelete

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...