Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Reading Challenges

I haven't actually done any reading challenges other than setting a goal for how many books I want to read in a year, and most of the time I don't make my mark.  Sometimes I do but most times not, like this year I didn't make it. This year though I decided I am going to do some challenges in 2018, they seem like fun and some have groups and followings on Facebook and Goodreads.  So it should be fun and I hope to complete them. 

Alphabet Soup:  This challenge is easy to explain and might be the easier of the three challenges I am going to try and do.  The idea is to read a book starting with a letter of the alphabet in the title like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for A or Tales of Beatle Bard for T.  I think Q, X, Z are going to be the tougher letters, but hey it's a challenge right?!

Birth Year Challenge:  This challenge will be fun.  The idea is to read books published in the year that you were born.  I am an 80's baby, so I am excited to see if the literature is as awesome as the movies and music were, so my year to be exact is 1982.  It'll be fun to see what was published that year.  We'll see how many I can read! 


Banned Books Challenge:  This one will be a little bit harder for me to do.  This challenge is to read as many banned books in the year.  What the challenge will be is that I have already read many books that are now on the Banned Book list.  I could re-read them, but I want to read books I haven't read yet and see why they are banned or challenge.  This one is as much an educational and familiarizing myself with what is going on in the literary world as it is expanding my literary knowledge and joyful reading.


The good thing is that books can cross over challenges, so whatever books I read for one challenge I can use if it fits in another like if I need an H and a book I read from 1982 starts with an H I can use it for the alphabet soup one.  Yay!  I am excited to see what I can come up with and actually have some friends helping me think of books to try.  Wish me luck!


What are some challenges you are doing in 2018 to help dwindle that TBR list or even add to it?  Leave me a comment!


Happy Reading y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...