Monday, October 31, 2016

Coven

A few month back I added "Coven" to my to read list on Goodreads because I seen Andi O'Connor was the editor and as some of you know I absolutely lover her work.  Then I went to a literary convention here in picture and met up with some author friends.  Imagine my surprise when I see Coven sitting on their table!  They had worked with Andi, and had a short story included in this anthology.  So this book is incredibly special to me for various reason, that aside and people know I will remain completely bias in this review. 

The majority of the stories I loved reading.  So many of them included everything that caught my attention and held me throughout.  Many made me want to find the author and read more of their work. It is a great anthology that introduces readers to fantastic authors like Shenoa Carroll-Bradd and Benjamin Sperduto. I love that it includes a little introduction to the authors before their stories that help readers get to know the author.

I absolutely loved "Across Silence and Darkness" where in order to have a magical gift one must sacrifice something. dr. derryl can turn dying people into animals. His world is shaken when a dying woman asks for him specifically, and quickly finds out how he knows her.  It was such a heartwarming story that I loved reading.

I am not one for anthologies, but   I am happy I bought the book to help support my friends and favorite authors, because I found numerous new authors to completely love.  I give the anthology a 4 out of 5 rating and look forward to looking up some of the other author included in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...