Monday, November 16, 2015

Want to read list


I have found my want to read list keeps getting bigger rather than smaller, but I guess that is the mark of a an avid bibliophile.  I constantly am looking for the next book to read even though I have stacks of books piled everywhere in my room.  Sometimes I think I need to downsize then I realize the horror of my thoughts.  I wanted to share some of my want to read list and maybe you can share some of yours and maybe find something new to pick up.


After Alice by Gregory Maguire:  After Alice by Gregory Maguire explores what happened after Alice fell into the rabbit hole.  It doesn't exactly follow Alice as one may think but rather Ada; a friend of Alice's.  She is off to visit Alice, but arrives after Alice has fallen into the hole, and then falls in herself.  Ada brings a different viewpoint to a world we know and love so well.  She begins a quest to find Alice in addition to finding their way back home again.  Based on the descriptions, it seems she discovers everything just after Alice, almost like she is just one step behind as she is tracking down her friend.  While she is behind Alice it seems she is experiencing Wonderland different than Alice did.  Being an Alice in Wonderland fan, I cannot wait to get my hands on this book and devour it.


The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon:  The Angel's Game follows his other novel Shadow of the Wind which is fantastic.  In this novel an aspiring writer David Martin is struggling to stay afloat.  It takes place in the heart of Barcelona.  David jumps at a mysterious publishing deal that seems too good to be true.  After beginning his work, he pays a visit to the Cemetary of Forgotten Books (we are introduced to this in Shadows of the Wind).  Since his visit he is beginning to realize there is a connection to his writing and the strange shadows lurking about.  Could the publisher be involved with the shadows as well?  What secrets is he hiding from David?  After reading Shadow of the Wind, I became an instant fan of Carlos Ruiz Zafron.  After reading the descriptions of this book, this book is taunting me from my bookshelf, I need to pick it up soon.



The Grindle Witch by Benjamin Myers:  The Grindle Witch by Benjamin Myers is the tale of an ancient evil awaiting to return.  The story follows Jack Jolly who recently move to the village of Grindle.  Having once lived in the city he thinks life is boring, nothing of entertainment in this small town.  That is until he finds himself knee deep in the mystery and possibly confronting the evil known as the Grindle Witch.  He and his friends think they have figured out how to stop the Grindle Witch, but in the process they could potentially unleash more than they expected.  What could be more evil and terrifying than the Grindle Witch?  This novel brings chills to my skin when I think about out it.  It reminds me almost like a story I read recent The Curse of Crow Hollow, and ancient being thought to be evil lurking in the shadows.  I have it sitting on my Amazon wish list and I keep hoping soon I can add it to my shelf.

There are so many different books on my to read list, this is just 3 out of over 1,000.  Can you imagine trying to read that many books while continuing to add to it because of new books that come out!  How will a literary cat be able to keep up? Head to the comments section and let me know what are some of your to read books you cannot wait to open up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...