Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Throne For Sisters


Title: A Throne For Sisters
Author: Morgan Rice
Genre:
Source: Kindle E book
Rating:3 out of 5


Sophia is 17 and her sister Kate is 15, both have lived in the orphanage since the untimely death of their parents.  The girls have an uncanny gift of not only being able to hear each other's thoughts but the thoughts of those around them.  One dreary day they manage to escape the clutches of the nuns running the orphanage.  In order to stay alive they decide to split up, Sophia plans to slip into the realm of the court and hopes to go un-noticed until she is spotted at the ball by the handsome prince, whom she falls in love with.  Kate on the other hand finds herself the apprentice to a blacksmith and enters the ranks of a militia.  Both are now on opposite sides of the society hoping to keep it a secret that they are meant to be slaves.  Each sister struggles with each choice she must make because it could either bring her more power or plunge her back into the depths of the poverty.




I am kind of on the fence about this one.  There were points of the story that really had me interested and clinging to the story, but other times I was so bored I wanted skip through them. One of the things I think I had a problem with was there was mention of the girls having a telekinetic powers but it's not used very often throughout the book. I thought it would be a bigger aspect of the story which it wasn't and that led to me feeling let down as far as the story went.

I didn't really care about the characters the seems one-dimensional and flat. For a little while the one sister who's trying to be in the Royal Court was interesting as she was trying to learn the ways and how to act this lady of the Court but then that slowly started to get boring as well now.  

Now the ending was a little interesting and set the stage for another book and it is because of the ending that makes me want to read the next book in the series. I think this novel spent a lot of time trying to build up something bigger for the next novel. It leaves some questions unanswered and introduces something that is rather interesting and I'm intrigued by where the story is going to go next for the two sisters.

Would I recommend the novel probably there were a lot of aspects of the story that was interesting and did hold my attention until the end. There were just some things that seem to have fallen flat for me while I was reading it. So pick it up give it a chance and see how you feel about it and let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...