Monday, December 12, 2016

The Cheesecake Cookbook

I will fully admit my biggest weakness is cheesecake.  I can never pass up a cheesecake dessert no matter how stuffed I am.  It is the perfect comfort food, creamy and sweet.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  When I seen this cookbook on amazon, I needed to add it to my cookbook collection and I am happy I did.  I haven't gotten the chance to make too many of them yet, just one or two.  But the recipes are so easy to  follow and easy to make.  I don't think there is a way to mess up cheesecake, especially if you had this book to guide you.

Who knew there were so many different variations on cheesecake?  I plan on making one or two for Christmas especially the Gluten-free recipe as I have a few family and friends who need to be gluten-free.  This book gives you many ideas and is filled with interesting tastes, such as the Japanese Cherry Blossom cheesecake.  I never had it nor have I worked with some of the ingredients and am excited to give it a shot.  There are a large amount of ingredients I have never worked with or thought to include in a cheesecake. 

Sharon Belcher even gives cooks ideas on how to decorate and serve the cakes which is very helpful if you want to create a wonderful presentation before devouring your creation.  For anyone who enjoys cooking or wants to start out with something new, I highly recommend this cookbook.  It is beyond helpful and easy to understand.  I give this a rating of 5 out of 5 because well...it's cheesecake now to devour a whole cheesecake myself....don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...