Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Sin Eater's Daughter

Title: Sin Eater's Daughter
Author: Melinda Salisbury
Genre: Fantasy
SOurce: Library Hardback
Rating: 4 out of 5 paws

Twylla spends most of her das inside the castle, where those around her cower in fear of her touch.  She is engaged to the Prince, but hasn't seen him in years, and she isn't a member of the court, but she is goddess-embodied.  This means she has the power to kill anyone with one touch, thus making her the kingdom's executioner.  Every week she must kill traitors to the crown.  When she is given a new guard things begin to change and she discovers things about herself that make her question everything she knows.  A plot is discovered that the queen plans to destroy her enemies, but with the use of an age old legend.  Can legends be real? or are they just legends?  Can Twylla protect those she loves as well as her kingdom or will she abandon all she knows in favor of her love?


I picked this book up on the recommendation of a co-worker.  She basically told me the premise but couldn't remember the title, so I had to do a little research to find it. I am glad my library had it available.

I was drawn in on the premise of Twylla having skin or pores that were poisonous, thats something I have not seen done before and Salisbury did a good job presenting the story, characters, and setting.  I loved that she created a legend for this story and developed the tale around that, and even had other characters skeptical about it.  Thinking the rumors were stuff of fairy tales.

I loves Twylla's character as well as her guard (forgive me his name completely escapes me right now).  He was a character that gives the reader hope and then breaks your heart.  They are both relatable characters 4i enjoyed their banter and relationship.

Overall this book was very enjoyable to read it was a quick read as the story progressed very quickly. I think many young adult and fantasy readers would enjoy this story there's a lot in it that will appeal to readers. I myself look forward to reading the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...