Friday, August 10, 2018

LIterary Quote



Alice In Wonderland will always and forever be one of my favorite stories.  There are so many thing in the story that resonates with me including this quote.  If I don't know where I want to go, does it matter which way I turn?  Does it matter if I take the road less traveled or the one well worn?

There are times I stop and think about how life would be different if I took a different path.  Would I still have met the people in my life now?  Would I be with the man I am with now?  What experiences would be different, what jobs would change?  Most importantly how would I have changed if I took a different road?

The roads we take in life shape who we are.  We learn the path we walk on and adjust to it as one would adjust to roots or stones along a hiking trail.  The idea includes many books one reads.  Sometimes a book can shape how we think and view different situations.  Books tend to have themes and ideals inside that we tend to not think about when reading them until someone else brings it up and we think "hmm I didn't think of that"  How would my thinking be different if I didn't read books like Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe or I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou?

Which path have you take, do you wish you took a different path?  What books have shaped your way of thinking or perspective of life?  I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...