Thursday, May 26, 2016

Warroom Bible Study

I was excited to get the War Room bible study after watching the movie.  It was such a great movie, but I was a little disappointed in the Bible Study.  While there is a lot to learn in the study, it was difficult to put myself into some of the situations that were presented.  I found it to be a great Bible study to have in a group because there are numerous discussion questions that relate to a group study, but it is a little harder for an individual study.

One of the things I didn't like to much was there parts of the Bible study wanted you to watch portions of the movie, and if you do not have the movie readily available to you, it is hard to answer questions or follow along with what the study is talking about.  It does help you dig deeper into prayer and how to make your prayer life better.  It does provide ways to help battle through some of the evil that comes our way throughout life, but as stated, there are points where it was difficult to relate the situations to our personal lives.

I liked how the study was set up and it made it easy for the group to follow along and see what areas of our life need help.  While the book does seem helpful, I do not think I would recommend this Bible Study because you do need the movie to go with it.  I prefer a study that is not heavily reliant on a movie it is related to.  For that reason I give this study a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...