Monday, January 25, 2016

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through The Looking Glass

Lately I have gotten into reading a lot of modern fairy tales, more specifically different versions of Alice in Wonderland.  So I decided to go back to my roots and read Alice in Wonderland again.  It has been way too long since I have opened the pages of one of my favorite stories.  So much so that I forgot a lot of the timeline and sequence of things.  The version i have included Through The Looking Glass, so I was able to read both stories back to back as I am sure Carroll intended. 

I think sometimes media adaptations have tainted my viewpoint of the story, many movie versions of Alice in Wonderland distort the story, or have a plot that is not remotely close to what Carroll originally wrote.  I found in myself there were so many things that I have forgotten such as the fact that Hatter and Alice did not get along as well as we would like to imagine, also the Tweedles did not make an appearance into the story until Through the Looking Glass not Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as say Disney's animated version showed.

I have always enjoyed Alice in Wonderland, as I mentioned before, it is among my favorite stories, possibly my favorite fairy tale.  I used to want to fall down a rabbit hole and have Alice like adventures of my own.  The Cheshire cat always fascinated me and was one of my favorite characters.  I always wanted more of Cheshire in the story, he is such a fantastic character the seemed to be underused.  Of course I would highly recommend this classical tale to everyone, as I am slightly bias, but read this book.  Definitely read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...