Tuesday, June 16, 2015

This Time Together

Title: This Time Together by Carol Burnett
Media: Print: Paperback
Rating 5 stars

Recommendation:  I cannot recommend this book enough, it was wonderful to read.

I grew up watching the Carol Burnett Show and Mama's Family.  Carol quickly became one of my all time favorite actresses.  On each show she was funny, had command of the stage, and just had this presence about her that made her audience simply love her.  When I stumbled across her book, I needed to get it and read it.  And I loved every minute of it.  Her book discusses her time in show business from meeting Jimmy Stewart who was her inspiration to her show and the friendships she made during that time.  Each anecdote takes you back in time to when each even occurred.  She reminisces about the times spent with her friends as well as the sadness's she endured as well. 

I gobbled this book up and finished it within a day.  As she was on the stage, she is class and beauty throughout her novel.  As I was reading it, I could hear her unique voice telling each of these stories. Everyone she speaks about, she speaks with respect and admiration for, she never once says a mean word about anyone.  Once again showing her class and dignity. It was a pleasure getting to read these stories, now I need to get her other memoirs, as well as those written by some of my other favorite actors and actresses.  Pick up this book today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...