Friday, May 30, 2014

READING GOAL

Every year I try to challenge myself to read a certain amount of books by the end of there.  Then throughout the year I try to challenge myself a little more with various different things such as reading a book outside of my typical genre of choice or reading books that began with the letters of my name (The Joy Luck Club , Eragon (Inheritance, Book 1) , The Neverending Story , The Nosferatu Scroll (Chris Bronson) ).  There is a site I am a member of “Goodreads” that has a group I am in that helps with different challenges and what not.  But so far I am behind on my goal for this year and I am ashamed of it.  I wanted to read 85 books this year and I am behind by 12!  That is a horrible amount to be behind. 

I thought it would be so easy to read 85 books within the year, but I guess I was wrong.  The older I get the harder it is to just sit down and read for an extended amount of time.  Almost as if time just slips away from me no matter how hard I try, guess I need to try harder.  I look around my room and I have piles of books that need to be read and a pile of books by my bed that are currently being read not to mention the scores of books on my Nook or Kindle App.  I don’t know how I am going to get through them all but I am determined to make it to my goal and hopefully surpass it as well!  Maybe I should read a few books that are shorter than 700 – 1,000 pages.  Sometimes I think maybe those should count as two books haha.

How about you all in interweb land, do you challenge yourselves to read a certain amount of books each year? Or even different challenges throughout the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...