Friday, January 13, 2017

Alice Takes Back Wonderland


After years of being told that Wonderland was not real, Alice begins to forget about the land of Wonder and regularly takes her medications.  That is until she spots the White Rabbit and follows him once again into Wonderland, but it is a completely different place than what she remembers.  Ace of Spades has made it his mission to take back all the wonder and turn Wonderland into the real world.  It is up to Alice to find allies and save Wonderland from being destroyed.  In order to do so she must travel through the land building her army with familiar faces from other fairy tales like Peter Pan, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty.  Will Alice and her army have the strength need to defeat Ace of Spades once and for all and take back Wonderland and restore it to it's former glory?


Now as some of you already know, I am an avid fan of Alice in Wonderland.  It is my favorite story of all time and enjoy various re-tellings of the story and seeing how others view the classic tale.  But this....this is probably one of my least favorites to the point where I didn't even get halfway through the book before I gave up on it, and I have only given  up on a book 2 or 3 times.  I don't even know where to start to describe this book and how much dislike I have for it.

I don't mind fairy tale mash-ups I have read some that were pretty interesting but I think too much was added into this one.  Maybe if it was extended out more to meet different fairy tales in different books before coming to the climax may have made the book different.   It just felt all over the place without a clear focus on one thing.  The writing I didn't care for, it felt a little too unrealistic and juvenile.

Because I couldn't finish the book...1 star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...