Monday, October 12, 2015

Green Juice 32 Recipes


I have been looking for ways to naturally detox without the use of pills and other expensive things.  Green Juice: 32 Recipes is a great book to use to accomplish that goal.  We hear so often how important it is to incorporate green foods into our diet, in fact I was just told that this past Wednesday.  Doing so can be so difficult sometimes, but this book helps in finding ways to get the essential nutrients we need from these green foods.

It starts out with tips on juicing in order to get the best juices such as "peel oranges, lemons, grapefruits and especially pineapple, pumpkin, and cantaloupe.  In other words super hard skins."  I wouldn't have thought of peeling pumpkin for juicing.  After that is a section on the benefits of the juices from different fruits and vegetables.  Did you know beets are good for cleansing your liver and gall bladder as well as the bowels?  That is something I learned from this book, it is rather interesting.  Then the book talks about vegetables and fruits that are low in sugar like broccoli.  So before you even get into the recipes this books is very educational and helpful.

The recipes included in this book are easy and simple to follow.  They combine items I never would have thought to combine like kale, strawberries and apple in one recipe.  I know there are people who are weary about trying these recipes and I admit I was one of them.  But I tried one this morning for the first time and it was good.  I  tried the Minty Ginger Green juice, it tasted of course minty with a hint of apple and lemon.  The fruit juices combined covered the taste of the spinach.  I think this is a book of recipes I will continue using on a daily or semi daily basis.  I cannot wait to try a different recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edge of Summer By Viola Shipman

  Title: Edge of Summer Author:  Viola Shipman Source:  Paperback Genre:  General Fiction Rating:  5 enthusiastic paws up Sutton Douglas is ...